Built during the second half of the 13th century, under the reign of Peter II, Count of Savoy, Evian’s church is an early example of Savoyard Gothic art.
The church, built during the second half of the 13th century, is representative of the Gothic style found in the Savoie region. Reworked towards the end of the 14th and beginning of the 15th centuries, and renovated on several occasions, two and a half rows on the western end were added before 1930. The Romanesque-Byzantine style of the façade dates back to this time. The square steeple is topped with an arrow and four turrets that were taken down in 1794 and replaced by a lantern. Inside, we can see ribbed vaulted ceilings, worked molasse capitals and corbels with cherubs holding the Savoy arms. In a side chapel, the relief painting of the Madonna and Child dates back to 1493 and belonged to Louise of Savoy. In front of the high altar is the tombstone of Vespasian of Gribaldi, Archbishop of Vienna in the Dauphiné (France).The neo-Gothic walnut stalls date from the first half of the 19th century. The nave houses a contemporary Stations of the Cross, the work of the Evian painter Pierre Christin, and the gallery houses a 43-stop pipe organ inaugurated in 2014.
Throughout the year : open daily.
rue du Lac