“Maison de Soeurs” cultural centre

more pictures
    La Chapelle-d'Abondance

    The exhibition room of the “Maison des Soeurs” in La Chapelle d’Abondance offers exhibitions related to local heritage. La Maison des Soeurs was originally built for the congregation of the Sisters of Charity in 1842.

    Abandoned for a long time it was restored and now houses the Tourist Information Centre, a games library and an exhibition hall. In the village centre, the Maison des Soeurs is easily recognisable with its arcades facing the Notre-Dame de Compassion chapel.

    Read more

    Cultural activities

    • History
    • Discovery
    • Agricultural
    • Environment
    • Fauna - flora
    • Architecture

    Services & Equipment & Activities

    • Temporary exhibition
    • Exhibition space
    • Guided tours
    • Educational visits

    Customer base

    • Groups
    • Home school groups


    From 01/01 to 31/12, daily.
    According to the opening hours of the tourist office.

    Adapted Tourism

    • Accessible for wheelchairs with assistance


    Free access.

    Payment method

    • Chèque
    • Espèces


    10 route des Frasses
    74360 La Chapelle-d'Abondance

    Characteristics :

    • Mountain location

    Spoken languages

    • French